Sunday, September 27, 2009

Uno?

Uno?

Sometimes I'm caught in a more pensive mood....but many times I decide not to pen them down.


Went for Chi11 "Open house" aka "gathering" or just pure fun la. Food! haha from fishballs to pizza to malay traditional food, thanks to Sofiah! C= There were many games there, u name it. Heart attack, Mafia, Cluedo, Scrabble, Cho Dai Dee, even the infamous guitar hero...and Uno Stacko.


Some say that life is like a roller coaster ride, ups and downs. I think so too, but I think an Uno game does give an accurate picture as well. Life is like a game to be played...you prepare yourselves as you can (looking/ observing the tiles and where is best to pull a tile out); but you follow the crowd as well ( its either the same colour or same number). Your moves are partially influenced by others as well (depending on their moves).


Then there are the ups and downs... your life seems shaky ( well, the Uno stacko shakes and you're praying hard it doesn't fall) and sometimes you get second chances (if the stack doesn't fall); you're in a dangerous position (base not steady); you get dealt with sucky stuff (draw 2 , draw 4 or more!)...and sometimes life just crashes on you (the deck crashes). Then do you start anew? Is this considered a 2nd chance,where you start out from you left off? Or do you leave behind everything and start afresh? [I know I'm not making sense]




But perhaps like getting drawn, sometimes you finish the game faster? I don't know what to make of life sometimes, but I guess I can be comforted by the fact that although I don't know my next move and what it brings, I know my life is secure in the One who sees the whole picture, the One who loves me and cares for me like no other.

No comments: