Friday, August 31, 2007

50 years ago

Happy Merdeka!

50 years ago at this time, our country achieved independence, from all the colonizers and unwanted people. And now, we are a "Free" nation, not under anyone's control.

I guess it would be hard for someone who did not go through hardship to throughly and fully understand the meaning of "Merdeka". I mean, more than half the nation wan not alive during the Japanese occupation, even during the declaration of "Merdeka" . But then again, who say we love Malaysia any less?

I was thinking why I wrote all this, and I think its because much has been said about the patriotism of youths today. Which explains about National Service, and the fact that our SPM (our O-levels ) Bahasa paper last year had an essay question on patriotism. With that question, is it really possible to gauge the "spirit of patriotism" in youngsters today?

Well, much has been said on Malaysia, be it politically to economically.I will not risk being the next Namewee by saying something offensive or rather, sensitive. For those who don't know, I do love my country, where I was born and grew up in.

So i guess its time to end this blog on a happier tone:
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALAYSIA, YOU HAVE COME THIS FAR, WE WISH AND PRAY YOU WILL CONTINUE TO ACHIEVE GREATER HEIGHTS IN THE COMING 50 YEARS! "

No comments: