Thursday, March 6, 2008

The power to make HIM smile

i guess since i have been in uni, the busyness of life has pretty much "caught up" on me, including the stress and all. it seems that alot will say (i thought i would too) "thank you God,iv served you all my life, now is my time to sit back n study, so that i would do well. s u noe, uni is competitive..."

and amidst all the stress-pimples-bla and assignments-lectures-orientation, i felt that i just am missing somethings....the good times with God, the sweet fellowship with my cf(high school and college), buddies and all....its not something "awesome", coming to uni without God. and time and again i find myself telling God, i can do it without you, but i want to do it with you. perhaps You make it easier, perhaps not...but i want to do it to bring joy to You, the smile on Your face, the least I could do...

and yes, i thought that my praise, the "thank you lord's" which i say pretty often are "redundant". like, yeah, God, you did it,thank you; i dint know that grateful "thank you" means so much to Him. i dint know that i had the power to make Him smile.

if you have time,read the devotion article by Charles Spurgeon,which made me think again.

Psalm 45:8Whereby they have made Thee glad.
And who are thus privileged to make the Saviour glad? His church-His people. But is it possible? He makes us glad, but how can we make Him glad? By our love. Ah! we think it so cold, so faint; and so, indeed, we must sorrowfully confess it to be, but it is very sweet to Christ. Hear His own eulogy of that love in the golden Canticle: "How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine!" See, loving heart, how He delights in you. When you lean your head on His bosom, you not only receive, but you give Him joy; when you gaze with love upon His all-glorious face, you not only obtain comfort, but impart delight. Our praise, too gives Him joy-not the song of the lips alone, but the melody of the heart's deep gratitude. Our gifts, too, are very pleasant to Him; He loves to see us lay our time, our talents, our substance upon the altar, not for the value of what we give, but for the sake of the motive from which the gift springs. To Him the lowly offerings of His saints are more acceptable than the thousands of gold and silver. Holiness is like frankincense and myrrh to Him. Forgive your enemy, and you make Christ glad; distribute of your substance to the poor, and He rejoices; be the means of saving souls, and you give Him to see of the travail of His soul; proclaim His gospel, and you are a sweet savour unto Him; go among the ignorant and lift up the cross, and you have given Him honour. It is in your power even now to break the alabaster box, and pour the precious oil of joy upon His head, as did the woman of old, whose memorial is to this day set forth wherever the gospel is preached. Will you be backward then? Will you not perfume your beloved Lord with the myrrh and aloes, and cassis, of your heart's praise? Yes, ye ivory palaces, ye shall hear the songs of the saints!

Thank You Lord for all you have done and will do in time. I'm sorry that I even had the thought of sitting back and letting others do the work...I dint know it meant so much to You. Thank You for the countless reminders that You will see me through, will walk me through life and uni, that even as I look to You, i can find fullfillment and joy. Thank You for all I have...my family, uni, frenz, life...and not to forget Nicholas...and Your amazing love that has never failed me yet.(and i know,never will) I love You Lord God, and I surrender my all once again. Take me as You will, use me....wherever You may lead, I will go. Thank You for the love that enables me to love others,love my family, Nicholas, You...there is so much more to come,and I believe. I love You God.

Heart,
Your little girl who loves teddies :)

No comments: